The Dudley Street School is designed with one goal in mind: success for every child. Our innovative school breaks free from traditional school practices that have left too many urban students behind.
We aim to graduate resilient, hard-working students who are proficient readers, writers, problem solvers, and thinkers. We have organized our school to ensure each individual student reaches these goals.
Our unique approach includes:
- high academic expectations for all students.
- a coherent instructional system that helps all adults work toward the same goals.
- individualized learning and flexible grouping so students get the support they need when they need it.
- more time for both students and adults to learn.
- exceptional, committed teachers who collaborate to support every child.
- shared leadership that empowers all members of the community to contribute to better outcomes for our students.
- a full suite of social and emotional programs provided by community partners.
- deep relationships and frequent communication with families.
- a friendly, safe, fun, and nurturing environment for everyone!